10 Ways to Raise a Brat
Teeny Manolo has the manifesto:
1. Assure your little one that they are the sun, and everyone else, including you, are merely insignificant planets that revolve around them.I would add, always take their side against their [teacher, coach, other authority figure].
2. Give them everything they want as soon as they want it.
3. Let them win every game they ever play against you.
4. Excuse their misbehavior.
5. Never follow through with a threatened consequence.
6. Provide them with no structure.
7. Be a bad example and expect them not to follow it.
8. Allow them to hit you.
9. Be their “friend,” not their parent.
10. Be quick to anger, slow to show affection.