26 October 2011

Person of Interest

I don't own cable and never have (to me, that would be like paying good money for garbage to stream into my home), and rarely watch TV. If I ever do, I'll catch the occasional show online. Considering all the nonsense that makes up most of television these days, I can heartily recommend CBS's new show Person of Interest, starring Jim Caviezel (whom we all know from The Passion of the Christ). It's written and produced by Jonathan Nolan (brother to talented film director Chris Nolan, and co-writer of his Batman series).

Four episodes into it, and it continues to please. There is a definite morality it promotes, one that values life rather than cheapens it, even as it deals with the lowest elements of society. Plus, it's just plain entertaining. And Caviezel's never hard on the eyes...